We will first pick you up at your hotel at 08:00 and then direct ourselves to the archaeological complex of Moray To Begin the Maras – Moray – Salineras Tour. From this place, you will appreciate what is seen as one of the most important agricultural laboratories of the Inca Empire. Each platform of this circular complex has its own irrigation canal.
Thus, each of them constitutes a microclimate. What piques the curiosity of all is the important difference in average annual temperature between the upper and lower part of the complex, which is approximately of 15 ° C.
After, we will continue the excursion by joining the village of Maras. On the upper part of the doors of houses made of adobe, you can note the coats of arms. Those are a reflection of the social status of the family who lived there.
We will visit, in addition, the main square, before going to the salt mines whose exploitation dates back to the Inca period. You will learn about the process of salt formation, harvesting and transformation. Finally, we will take you back to your hotel in Cusco.
The months of April to November are the most recommended because of the absence of rain. The months of December to March are not recommended due to landslides caused by rain.
In addition, it is usually during this season that the color of the salt mines is more erased. However, it should be noted that the hills of Moray and Maras are greener during this period.
- Stops in different places, depending on the guide
- Entree to visit the archaeological complexes
Do not hesitate to consult us to obtain further information about touristic lunches. It exists several options and different costs. Know that we benefit of preferential tariffs, reserved for agencies, which are more economic than the price you could pay on the place, at the restaurant.
TICKET TO VISIT THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL COMPLEXES
- Cost of the ticket moray US $ 6.00
- Cost of the ticket salineras US $ 6.00
COSTS US$ PRIVATE SERVICE IN ENGLISH
- Any day of the week
- Students receive a US $ 20.00 only with a valid Isic Card Less than 10 years
- To Juan Angel Escriba Casavilca
- D.N.I. 09414084
- Place – Cusco – Peru.
- It is the best option for both sides
PERU CREDIT BANK
- Account Number: 285-2072340-1-23
- To: CAMPING TOURS E.I.R.L.
- Cusco Agency.
- 8% more
- The account is in the name of the company:
- 7% more if you pay with paypal
- We will pick you up at your hotel between 08:00
DURATION OF THE MARAS MORAY SALINERAS TOUR
- This tour begins at 08:00 and ends approximately at 15:40
- Services in private group are fully operated by the Camping Tours’ team.
WHAT TO BRING
- Original passport
- Rain suit
- Money (PEN Peruvian soles) for the lunch and for personal purchases
- Walking shoes
NOTICE: The private services are different and more flexible; you can change the schedule for more convenience, ask for more photo stops along the way and visit other places of interest approved by your guide (additional fees).