Do not miss the opportunity to visit two places of interest marked by the Incas. The first, the Tour Cantera Cachiccata – Cachiccata’s Quarry, is where the Incas extracted the materials to build the archaeological complex of Ollantaytambo, which we admire the ruins today. The second, Ñaupa Church, is an Inca place of worship, a mysterious attraction hidden in the hills.
Early in the morning, we will pick you up at your hotel and then direct ourselves to the Ollantaytambo’s bridge, towards the Cachiccata’s quarry. During this journey, you will see carved stones called “tired stones” that were used to build the Ollantaytambo archaeological complex.
After a trek of three (3) hours, we will arrive at the quarry where you could appreciate various carved stones, lintels and circular stones. We will continue our excursion for forty minutes following the path that leads to the jungle to the Inca portal where you can enjoy a view of the Sacred Valley in its entirety.
We will finally return to Ollantaytambo for dinner before embarking on a two-hour walk (round-trip). During the last 30 minutes of climb, you can enjoy a view of one of the best kept secrets of the Incas, Ñaupa Church.
The months of April to November are the most recommended because of the absence of rain. The months of December to March are not recommended due to landslides caused by rain. In addition, it is usually during this season that the color of the salt mines is more erased. However, it should be noted that the hills of Moray and Maras are greener during this period.
- Cachiccatas quarry(Cantera Cachiccata)
- Ñaupa church
- Stops in different places, depending on the guide
THE SERVICE INCLUDED
- Entree to visit the archaeological complexes
Do not hesitate to consult us to obtain further information about touristic lunches. It exists several options and different costs. Know that we benefit of preferential tariffs, reserved for agencies, which are more economic than the price you could pay on the place, at the restaurant.
- Any day of the week
COSTS US$ PRIVATE SERVICE IN ENGLISH
- Students receive a US $ 20.00 only with a valid Isic Card Less than 10 years
- To Juan Angel Escriba Casavilca
- D.N.I. 09414084
- Place – Cusco – Peru.
- It is the best option for both sides
PERU CREDIT BANK
- Account Number: 285-2072340-1-23
- To: CAMPING TOURS E.I.R.L.
- Cusco Agency.
- 8% more
- The account is in the name of the company
- 7% more if you pay with paypal
- We will pick you up at your hotel between 08:00
DURATION OF THE TOUR
- The Tour Cachiccata’s Quarry begins at 08:00 and ends approximately at 15:40
- Services in private group are fully operated by the Camping Tour Perú’s team.
WHAT TO BRING
- Original passport
- Rain suit
- Money (PEN Peruvian soles) for the lunch and for personal purchases
- Walking shoes
NOTICE: The private services are different and more flexible; you can change the schedule for more convenience, ask for more photo stops along the way and visit other places of interest approved by your guide (additional fees).