5 DAYS & 4 NIGHTS
FIRST STAGE OF THE SALKANTAY – INCA TRAIL – MACHUPICCHU
In the Tour Salkantay – Inca Trail – Machupicchu you can see the Vilcanota mountain range is a spectacular chain, and is located between two great rivers of the region, the Urubamba and Apurimac Rivers. Snow-capped Salkantay Mountain is located on the Eastern end of the Vilcanota chain and reaches an elevation of 6.270 meters above sea level.
- Mollepata – Wayllabamba (4 days – 55 kilometers)
CUSCO-MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA – SOROY COCHA LAKE
Leaving the hotel at 5:30 AM we will travel by bus to Mollepata (2,100m altittude), stopping on way in the archaeological complex of Tarawasi, an Inca Temple. Mollepata is an attractive small town constructed on the slopes of the upper part of the Apurimac river.
From Mollepata we will continue by bus to Soraypampa, where we will begin our trek. Here we need to check our luggage, pack the mules, and begin the long ascent to our campsite next to Huayracpampa Lake.
The ascent is approximately 5 hours long, and on our way we will be able to appreciate typical Andean flora and fauna. The impressive Salkantay Mountain will be above us during this stretch, and we will be camping just below the Salkantay glacier. For this reason it is recommended passengers bring a down sleeping bag, good for sub-zero temperatures.
SOROY COCHA LAKE – QELQEMACHAY – COLCAPAMPA
We will begin this day by climbing for one hour to the Huayracpampa pass (4.460m). After a brief break and picture-taking session we will begin a long descent towards Santa Teresa. We will lunch in Qelqemachay. During this long descent we will be able to literally see the changes in vegetation as we go from high mountain areas down to tropical jungle with its dense forest. We will camp in Colcapampa close to the thermal baths.
COLCAPAMPA – PLAYA
The trail this day is so beautiful. The vegetation is very dense and we will see a variety of orchids and impressive water falls approximately 80 meters high. We will camp in playa.
PLAYA – LLACTAPATA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Today we continue through the sub-tropical vegetation on our way to the village of Lucmabamba, where an original Inca trail still remains to this day. A gradual uphill climb through lush sub-tropical forest brings us to Llactapata (2700m), where we enjoy a stunning view of the backside of Machu Picchu amongst its neighboring peaks. In the afternoon, we take the hydroelectric train to Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night in a hotel.
SECOND STAGE OF THE SALKANTAY – INCA TRAIL – MACHUPICCHU
- You need to have a permission from the Culture Ministry
AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
We take the first bus (6:00am) from Aguas Calientes to the Machupicchu ruins. Our guide will thoroughly guide you through the ruins, and In the afternoon we will take the train to Cusco. A representative of our agency will meet you at the train station and take you to your hotel.
- Optional visit Waypapicchu cost is US $ 20.00
THE SERVICES FOR THE SALKANTAY – INCA TRAIL – MACHUPICCHU INCLUDES
- An Expert Guide with expert knowledge of the area and its customs
- Assistant guide depending on the numbers of passengers greater than 8 passengers
- Warm meals during the trip. Meal schedule is as follows:
- Breakfast, snack, lunch, tea, dinner
- Personal tents. (with double floor)
- Bath tent
- Kitchen tent
- Water boiled after the second day
- Dining tent
- Cooks and kitchen personnel
- Packhorses (to carry the tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Ticket to Machupicchu
- Entrance ticket to Tarawasi
- Entrance ticket to Llactapata
- Transfer to start trek
- Transfer train to hotel upon arrival (Transport tourist class)
- Packhorses for your personal equipment personal
- Riding horses
- First-aid kit
- Bus Machupicchu- Aguas Calientes (02)
- Duffel bag
- Radio communications
- Mattress air thermarest
- Train expedition back to Ollantaytambo After bus to Cusco.
- Train back to Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes : expedition
THE TOUR SALKANTAY INCA TRAIL MACHUPICCHU DOESN`T INCLUDES
- Dinner 5 day
- Sleeping bag
PRIVATE SERVICE FOR THE SALKANTAY INCA TRAIL MACHUPICCHU
- Any day of the week
COSTS US$ PRIVATE SERVICE IN ENGLISH
WE CAN RENT
- Hire walking sticks for US $2.50 per day.
- Goose down sleeping bag (good up to 18 degrees below zero) for US $5 per day.
- Students receive a US $ 20.00 only with a valid Isic Card
- Less than 10 years old.
- To Juan Angel Escriba Casavilca
- D.N.I. 09414084
- Place – Cusco – Peru.
- It is the best option for both sides
PERU CREDIT BANK
- Account Number: 285-2072340-1-23
- To: CAMPING TOURS E.I.R.L.
- Cusco Agency.
- 8% more
- The account is in the name of the company
- 7% more if you pay with paypal
FOR THE TOUR SALKANTAY INCA TRAIL MACHUPICCHU WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE
- Sleeping bag
- Rain Coat (plastic)
- Thick Jumper
- Coat (parka)
- Cream protector against the sun
- Cap or hat
- Glasses for the sun
- You bounce or slipper for walk
- T Shirts
- Moderate – Difficult
- From March to November
- The months of December, January, February are not recommended because it is the wet season.
MAP OF THE SALKANTAY – INCA TRAIL – MACHUPICCHU
NOTE.- This part of the trek is different from the other days. Whereas Mollepata is quite warm, hikers should be ready for an ascent and the higher altitude and colder climate when getting to the mountain pass. Hikers should have spent at least 2 to 3 days acclimatizing to the higher altitudes in the Cusco region prior to embarking on this trek.