This tour proposes a different experience in the Andes, at 5030 meters of altitude. On this tour, we will visit Ananta. As we ascend, the climate will change and you could notice South American camelids, flora and the typical fauna of the area. Also, you could meet different Andean communities and enjoy the breathtaking view on the Rainbow Mountain and a part of the impressive snow-topped Ausagate which is the highest mountain of Cusco with its 6,372 meters.
CUSCO – COMMUNITY OF ANANTA – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
We will pick you up from the hotel at approximately 4:00 AM. On this tour, we will pass through a multitude of Andean towns until the Ananta community. After the breakfast, we will begin the trek with a 2h30 min walk to reach the Rainbow Mountain. On place, you could appreciate the landscape with small lagoons and a part of the Ausangate (6732 m). After, we will return to Ananta. After lunchtime, we will arrival at Cusco before the sunset.
- Maximum altitude: 5040 meters
- Distance to walk: 08 km
- During of the hike: approx. 3h00
- Level: Moderate – Difficult
- Best months: March to November
THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FULL DAY SERVICE INCLUDE
- An Expert Guide with expert knowledge of the area and its customs.
- Assistant guide depending on the numbers of passengers greater than 8 passengers
- Transportation by bus to Pampachiri
- Entrance ticket to Rainbow Mountain
- Bath tent
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Cooks and kitchen personnel
- Transportation by bus Pampachiri to cusco
- Transfer to start trek
- First-aid kit
- Radio communications
COST POOLED SERVICE
- Cost per passenger US $ 110.00
- Minimum 2 passengers, where others may join your group
- We recommend that the Pre-payment is done by WESTERN UNION, is more comfortable.
- In case of deposit by the Bank of Credito, visa or PayPal, he costs are raise by commissions.
COSTS US$ PRIVATE SERVICE IN ENGLISH
- Any day of the week
- Students receive a US $ 20.00 only with a valid Isic Card Less than 10 years
WE CAN RENT
- Hire walking sticks for US $2.50 per day.
- Goose down sleeping bag (good up to 18 degrees below zero) for US $5 per day.
- To Juan Angel Escriba Casavilca
- D.N.I. 09414084
- Place – Cusco – Peru.
- It is the best option for both sides
PERÚ CREDIT BANK
- Account Number: 285-2072340-1-23
- To: CAMPING TOURS E.I.R.L.
- Cusco Agency.
- 8% more
- The account is in the name of the company:
- 7% more if you pay with paypal
TO RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FULL DAY WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE
- Rain Coat (plastic)
- Thick Jumper
- Coat (parka)
- Cream protector against the sun
- Cap or hat
- Glasses for the sun
- You bounce or slipper for walk
- T Shirts
FIXED DEPARTURES FOR RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FULL DAY
- For additional departures please contact us.
- Moderate – Difficult
HIKING SEASON FOR RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FULL DAY
- From March to November
- The months of December, January, February are not recommended because it is the wet season.
NOTE.- This part of the trek is different from the other days. Whereas Ausangate is quite cold, hikers should be ready for an ascent and the higher altitude and colder climate when getting to the mountain pass. Hikers should have spent at least 2 to 3 days acclimatizing to the higher altitudes in the Cusco region prior to embarking on this trek.