The Vilcanota mountain range is a spectacular chain, and is located between two great rivers of the region, the Urubamba and Apurimac Rivers. Snow-capped Salkantay Mountain is located on the Eastern end of the Vilcanota chain and reaches an elevation of 6.270 meters over sea level.
CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – HUMANTAY LAKE – CUSCO
We will pick you up from the hotel at 4:30 AM, then continue by road to the town of Mollepata 2,900 (msnm), breakfast by the passenger in a tourist restaurant, at a specified time we will continue to Soraypampa end of road 3,9000 (msnm) ), after the safety talk we will start a hike uphill for a lapse of 1h30min to the Humantay lagoon and about 4,200 (msnm), we will visit one of the most beautiful lagoons of the Cusco mountain range, at an hour we will return to Cusco to reach the sunset, transfer to the indicated hotel.
In this adventure we can appreciate different ecological levels, a different flora and fauna, Andean populations with their beautiful landscapes, the Humanatay snow-capped mountains, Salkantay and the Humantay lagoon
- Distance from Cusco to Soraypamapa 114.50 approx. (per car) 4 hours.
- Maximum height 4,200 m.s.n.m.
- Approximate distance of the walk 6 km
- Hours of walking 3 hrs round trip + 1 hour visit • Moderate walking class – difficult
- Time for a better visit – March – November
THE SERVICE FOR LAKE HUMANTAY FULL DAY INCLUDE
- An Expert Guide with expert knowledge of the area and its customs.
- Assistant guide depending on the numbers of passengers greater than 8 passengers
Warm meals during the trip. Meal schedule is as follows:
- Pick up from you hotel.
- Round trip transportation in our bus
- Bath tent
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Cooks and kitchen personnel
- First-aid kit
- Entrance ticket to LAGUNA HUMANTAY
- Radio communications
- Cost per passenger US $ 100.00
PRIVATE SERVICE OF LAKE HUMANTAY FULL DAY
- Any day of the week
- We can rent
- Hire walking sticks for US $2.50 per day.
- To Juan Angel Escriba Casavilca
- D.N.I. 09414084
- Place – Cusco – Peru.
- It is the best option for both sides
PERU CREDIT BANK
- Account Number: 285-2072340-1-23
- To: CAMPING TOURS E.I.R.L.
- Cusco Agency.
- 8% more
- The account is in the name of the company:
- 7% more if you pay with paypal
- Payment visa card +8%
WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE
- Rain Coat (plastic)
- Thick Jumper
- Coat (parka)
- Cream protector against the sun
- Cap or hat
- Glasses for the sun
- You bounce or slipper for walk
- T Shirts
- Wool stockings or sport
- Canteen or bottle of water
- Photographic camera
- Personal medications suggested by their doctor.
- Minimum 2 passengers, where others may join your group
- For additional departures please contact us.
HIKING SEASON FOR LAKE HUMANTAY FULL DAY
- From March to November
- The months of December, January, February are not recommended because it is the wet season.
NOTICE.- This part of the trek is different from the other days. Whereas Mollepata is quite warm, hikers should be ready for an ascent and the higher altitude and colder climate when getting to the mountain pass. Hikers should have spent at least 2 to 3 days acclimatizing to the higher altitudes in the Cusco region prior to embarking on this trek.