2 DAYS & 1 NIGHT
In the Trekking Huchuy Qosqo Inca Trail you can see the magnificent and strategic Archaeological Complex named Huchuy Qosqo or “Small Cusco” was known in Inca times as Caquia Xaquixahuana. According to the croniclers (who wrote about pre-Colombian Inca culture), Huchuy Qosqo was inhabited by the Inca Wiracocha until his death.
Huchuy Qosqo boasts a spectacular view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the Urubamba mountain range. This beautiful and short tourist circuit is located close to the city of Cusco and offers the possibility of seeing both attractive Andean landscapes as well as fauna and flora typical of the area.
CUSCO – TAMBOMACHAY – LAGUNA QORICOCHA
Pick up from your hotel and transfer by bus to the Archaeological Complex of Tambomachay (3720m altitude), located 20 minutes from the city of Cusco. From Tambomachay we will begin our hike, first reaching the community of Qorimarca (3760m altitude). During our hike we will see herds of Llamas. We will continue to the lake of Qoricocha (4030m altitude), where we will camp.
LAGUNA QORICOCHA – HUCHUY QOSQO – LAMAY – CUSCO
After breakfast we will begin the day with an uphill climb, and then descend towards the village of Pucamarca (3970m altitude). In this section we will walk on remnants of an original Inca trail that led to Huchuy Qosqo.
From Huchuy Qosqo (alt. 3630m) one can view the mountain range of Urubamba as well as the snow capped Pitusiray (5600m) and Sahuasiray (5.720m) mountains. Next we will visit the extensive archaeological site. In the afternoon we will descend towards the town of Lamay in the Sacred Valley from where we will take our return bus to Cusco.
THE SERVICES INCLUDES
- An Expert Guide with expert knowledge of the area and its customs.
- Assistant guide depending on the numbers of passengers greater than 8 passengers
- Warm meals during the trip. Meal schedule is as follows:
- Breakfast, snack, lunch, tea, dinner
- Personal tents. (with double floor)
- Bath tent
- Kitchen tent
- Water boiled after the second day
- Dining tent
- Cooks and kitchen personnel
- Porters (to carry the tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Porter for your personal equipment 8 kg.
- Entrance ticket to Huchosqocso
- Private bus Cusco to Tambomachay
- Private bus Lamay to Cusco
- Transfer personal
- First-aid kit
- Duffel bag
- Radio communications
- Mattress air thermarest
- Dinner 2 day
- Sleeping bag
- Any day of the week
COST PRIVATE SERVICE IN ENGLISH US $
- Students receive a US $ 20.00 only with a valid Isic Card Less than 10 years
WE CAN RENT
- Hire walking sticks for US $2.50 per day.
- Goose down sleeping bag (good up to 18 degrees below zero) for US $5 per day.
- To Juan Angel Escriba Casavilca
- D.N.I. 09414084
- Place – Cusco – Peru.
- It is the best option for both sides
PERU CREDIT BANK
- Account Number: 285-2072340-1-23
- To: CAMPING TOURS E.I.R.L.
- Cusco Agency.
- 8% more
- The account is in the name of the company:
- 7% more if you pay with paypal
WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE
- Sleeping bag
- Rain Coat (plastic)
- Thick Jumper
- Coat (parka)
- Cream protector against the sun
- Cap or hat
- Glasses for the sun
- You bounce or slipper for walk
- T Shirts
- Wool stockings or sport
- Canteen or bottle of water
- Photographic camera
- Personal medications
- Easy – Moderate
- From January to December
- The month of February is not recommended because it is the wet season.