4 DAYS & 3 NIGHTS
The hiking experts of Camping Tours, the warranty of the greatest comfort and the least efforts and the pleasure of not having to carry more weight than the one of your camera, will make of this trip to the Ausangate Arapa Rainbow Mountain the most exciting adventure of your sojourn in Peru.
CUSCO – OCONGATE – TINKI – UPIS
Pick up from the hotel. The first stop of the day is the visit of the pre-inca archeological complex of Pikillacta. Then, we will continue the road by passing by different Andean towns until Tinki. On place, you could visit and enjoy the surroundings. After, we will begin the trek to Upis where you could appreciate the Andean landscape and the snow-capped Ausangate. Camping close to the thermal baths.
UPIS – PUCACHOCA
This day, we will begin with the ascent to the first step of the mountain. After dinner, we will continue the hike to Lake Pucachoca, where you can see beautiful waterfalls, located in the upper of the Ausangate. During the walk, you can see llamas and alpacas, also called “huallatas“. In the evening we will camp on the lake shores.
PUCACHOCA – SURAPAMPA – YAURICUNCA
This day will begin earlier than others. The hike will be characterized by a semi-flat ground and small climbs. During the walk, you could appreciate the view on many farmhouses and shepherds with llamas and alpacas. In the morning, depending on the season, the temperature can sometimes be 12 below zero. We strongly recommend bringing a good quality sleeping bag. Camping at Yauricunca.
YAURICUNCA – VINICUNCA – CUSCO
The hike will start in the small town of Pampachari to later reach the Rainbow Mountain. The walk will continue by the Punta road where the transportation to the district of Checacupe will be waiting. Visit of the surroundings such as the colonial bridge and the colonial church. Arrival at Cusco before the sunset.
THE SERVICES FOR THE AUSANGATE ARAPA RAINBOW MOUNTAIN INCLUDES
- An Expert Guide with expert knowledge of the area and its customs.
- Assistant guide depending on the numbers of passengers greater than 8 passengers
- Warm meals during the trip. Meal schedule is as follows:
- Breakfast, snack, lunch, tea, dinner
- Personal tents. (with double floor)
- Bath tent
- Kitchen tent
- Water boiled after the second day
- Dining tent
- Cooks and kitchen personnel
- Private bus to Tinki
- Packhorses (to carry the tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Entrance ticket to trek Ausangate
- Entrance ticket to Rainbow Mountain
- Packhorses for your personal equipment personal
- Riding horses
- First-aid kit
- Duffel bag
- Radio communications
- Satellite Phone
- Mattress air thermarest
- Private bus Pampachiri to Cusco
WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE
- Sleeping bag
- Rain Coat (plastic)
- Thick Jumper
- Coat (parka)
- Cream protector against the sun
- Cap or hat
- Glasses for the sun
- You bounce or slipper for walk
- T Shirts
- Wool stockings or sport
- Canteen or bottle of water
- Photographic camera
- Personal medications suggested by their doctor.
WE CAN RENT
- Hire walking sticks for US $2.50 per day.
- Goose down sleeping bag (good up to 18 degrees below zero) for US $5 per day.
- Any day of the week.
- Moderate – Difficult.
HIKING SEASON FOR THE AUSANGATE ARAPA RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
- From March to November
- The months of December, January, February are not recommended because it is the wet season.
NOTICE.- During the trek, you could notice sudden climatic changes due to the altitude. We strongly recommend to stay in Cusco 2 to 3 days before the beginning for the trek. This will allow you to be well acclimated.